At the heart of the Auvergne region
To be savored.
Good products are turned into fine dishes: traditional truffade (of potatoes and cheese), pounti (pork and prune meatloaf) or potée (stew) - Take a gastronomic journey through the Auvergne.
We pay particular attention to the selection of our products by focusing on two essential criteria: their quality of taste, of course, and their responsible, local production, choosing short supply routes that are more environmentally friendly.
Auvergne is known for the quantity and diversity of its products. They are all used with pride at the table of the Auberge du Lac de Guéry:
- Fish: arctic char, trout and salmon from our fishponds
- Meat: from locally bred Salers, Aubrac and Charolais
- Cheeses: Saint-Nectaire, Cantal, Tome de Rochefort, Bleu d'Auvergne, Fourme d'Ambert, Gaperon...
- Sausage, ham, bacon
- Wines: Saint-Pourçain, Boudes, Châteaugay, Madargues, Corent, Chanturgue
- Mushrooms: morels, chanterelles, ceps
- Vegetables, fruits, flowers, honey and grasses of Auvergne
The little thing that changes everything: the “running” water of Mont-Dore, served at the Auberge, is pure and clear. It comes from our own spring of drinking water, regularly analyzed.
One certainty: altitude and pure air optimize the flavors of the products. A meal at the Auberge du Lac de Guéry, 1250 m high, makes it different and gives you an exceptional culinary experience.